BEFORE coming to the park:
- Every climber must have a waiver on file. Use the waiver link in your confirmation email to complete the online waiver. An adult/guardian must sign a waiver for climbers under the age of 18.
If this is your first time climbing with us–WELCOME! Here is a quick rundown of what to expect when you arrive:
- The first step is making sure you have a complete waiver. It’s best to do that in advance, using the link provided in your reservation confirmation email. If you are bringing a group or party with climbers under the age of 18, please have their parents sign the waiver using the link in your reservation confirmation email.
- Head over to the cashier where your waivers will be verified and you can be checked in for your reservation. Don’t forget to bring any vouchers or coupons you may have!
- A time will be stamped on your ticket. That time is the last time you will be able to begin a new trail (similar to a ski-lift pass). Regular tickets are for 2 hour climbing sessions, plus an additional 20 minutes for the orientation period, so if you purchase your ticket at 9am, the time-stamp will read 11:20 pm.
- Once you’ve gotten your ticket, you’ll be getting a climbing harness. On the harness will be all the equipment you’ll need to climb!
- From there, you’ll take your harness over to the harnessing area, where a staff member will help you put it on, and make sure it is fitted properly.
- Then, you’re off to the Safety Briefing, where a staff member will lead you through an instructional briefing and demonstration of the climbing equipment and our policies & procedures. The Safety Briefing takes about 10 minutes, and is followed by a brief ‘practice stage’, where you will have the chance to practice with the clips until you feel comfortable. EVERYONE must go through the safety briefing and practice area, even if you’ve climbed here before.
- Now you’re ready! You’ll head up to the starting platform–and start your Michigan adventure!
If you’ve been here already this season…WELCOME BACK! Here what’s new:
- If you completed an electronic waiver already this season, no worries, we can look you up. Its good for the whole 2016 season.
- Safety Briefing Bypass: Once you have climbed with us at least 3 times this season, you will be eligible to complete the safety briefing bypass program, which takes about 1/2 hour. Once you’ve demonstrated the necessary skills, you will be given a bypass card to let you skip the briefing during any future 2016 visits.